Tuesday, February 8, 2011

#9 - "Soco Amaretto Lime"

The title of this blog is the title of a song that has come to be the theme song for most of my friends from college. These same friends are people from my hometown (some I knew, some I knew of) who all migrated to Columbus for college. It's crazy to think that people you were acquainted with but never really hung out with could become your best friends when moving to college. I believe it had something to do with the common ground we shared being from a small town so vastly different from Columbus. I think there was some sort of safety in grouping together, as well. Not that we never branched out and met new people. Our circle of friends has grown immensely over the years. Aside from the friends I have here, I also have some great friends from high school that have since spread throughout the country. I keep in touch with them as much as I can, because they truly are some of the best friends a guy could ask for. I am truly honored to have the friends that I do; friends that would do anything for me.





















First, my two wonderful sisters. I would include all my other brothers and sister easily into this equation but, unfortunately, I am having trouble locating pictures of us at this current time. My brothers and sisters are my everything. They put up with me and that is a feat in and of itself.


My friends from high school. Left to right: Babic, Dereck, yours truly, and Kevin (have no idea why he looks so feminine in this picture). This picture was taken at the cabin that we used to rent out during the summer. This tradition has since been put to pasture, but I think it should make a reappearance due to the fact we are so spread out. Babic (Cleveland), Dereck (Chicago), me (Columbus), and Kevin (South Carolina). The four of us (as well as a few other not pictured) have been through a lot. Far too much and secretive to include in this blog. I miss these guys dearly.


Another picture, some of the same, but the key addition here is my buddy Zac. My hometown hero. While I was home for a year, this guy kept me sane. I spent more time with this kid than I could imagine spending with any one person. He talked me through a lot while Meg and I were on a break. Ultimately, he was the one that said if you want her back, then go get her and don't let anything stop you. Great advice, man. I owe you. On the other hand, if you ever sat in a room with the two of us, you would think one of two things: A. we hate each other or B. we argue like a couple. Not too sure I should be proud of either of those options, but he's my balding, pointy-nosed loser friend.


Ahh, the Cagnoli clan. Night and day. Night and day. I met one of these guys before I moved to Columbus and was reunited with Fat Milk Phil (middle) as I like to call him sometimes (long and ridiculous story that doesn't even make sense) a few years later. At that time, I met his younger brother, Eric (pictured right), who introduced me to Xbox live amongst other things. I wholeheartedly blame the countless hours spent on Call of Duty on that jerkface right there. The three of became very close friends and experiences a great deal: karaoke at the Crown, Gordy's, apartment pond diving, the infamous SoCo night, the Silence of the Lambs photo opp that never saw the light of day, Hair Razor, Jesse Sinclair. I know most of you reading this have no idea what I just listed, but rest assured they were great and extremely hilarious moments in my life.


Herb the III. What can I say about this asshole? If I somehow have a long lost brother out there in the world, this guy is it. I have no idea how two people could be so much alike while being completely different. This guy was the devil on my shoulder throughout college. You know, the stereotypical friend that your girlfriend or wife worries about you hanging out with even though they love him. We could probably write a screenplay based upon the craziness that ensued during our college years. Matter of fact, that's a great day. The next Good Will Hunting, but probably more like American Pie.

My Otterbein English crazies. Some of the best future teachers of America right here (if only all of us could land jobs). Two out of the four of us have by what I've heard. That leaves two more, Ohio. C'mon! Anyway, in all seriousness, these people made classes and seminars a riot. I've never seen so many nicknames in one photo. D. Reed, C. White, Freckles, and K. Rob the jewelry store and tell 'em make me a grill. Miss all of you lunatics. Especially our time in Suzanne's class.


Last, but certainly not least, my best friend. The one I'm going to marry during baseball playoffs (that must be love). I couldn't ask for anyone better. The stuff she puts up with on a daily basis, only a special person could love someone as goofy as me.



Some glaring pictorial omissions: Anokh, Jeremy, Grace, Jason, Brittany, Arin, and a few others.

3 comments:

  1. I made the glaring pictorial omissions section! Life is now complete!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite possibly my favorite brand new song, I'm always pumped when I run into any of the high school crew. Facebook is a wonderful thing lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh I love that picture of us :) and that you named us the future teachers of America :) "we're influencing your youth!" that was a great night and I miss Suzanne's class too ... our corner ... sigh ... sometimes I want to go back

    ReplyDelete