Wednesday, February 23, 2011

#17 - Look forward, with blinders about the past

“Life is all memory except for the one present moment that goes by so quick you can hardly catch it going.” ~ Tennessee Williams The Milk Train Doesn’t Stop Here Anymore


I guess there are plenty of things I am looking forward to in the coming future. For one, I’m looking forward to the day where I have started the profession that I have sought after for so long. I envy the time where I have my own room, my own students, my lesson plans, and everything that comes along with teaching. But my faithful readers have heard that gripe time and time again, so I will leave this comment at that.


I look forward to the simple things in life; a wife (partially there), kids (not yet…as far as I know), a dog, and a house. It doesn’t have to be perfect because life rarely is, but it has its’ moments. I look forward to my attempt at being a great father who can provide my children with the life lessons that are a result of plenty of emotional and physical hardships I have endured during my short stint on this earth. I want to educate them on literature, music, film, life, etc. I want to watch my boys (if I have any) wrestle and see their progression. I am just excited to witness that point of my life.


I look forward to being old and gray with my old lady. You know, sitting on the porch reading or just sitting there without saying a word. Simple things.

No comments:

Post a Comment