Thursday, February 17, 2011

#16 - Life as a House

"I always thought of myself as a house. I was always what I lived in. It didn't need to be big. It didn't even need to be beautiful. It just needed to be mine. I became what I was meant to be. I built myself a life. I built myself a house." ~Life as a House

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Gone with the Wind is my mother's favorite movie and I spent countless hours watching it as a child (even though I didn't quite understand what was going on), but I've always had this fascination with southern plantation houses. Especially, the house from the 1939 film.

A few musts for my house: a library for all my nerdy tendencies. I want one of those libraries where the shelves go to the ceiling. I’m also partial to having one of the cool ladders that move along a track and allow my short ass to reach the top shelf.


A movie theater. This can be done on a relatively cheap budget give all the advancements and price reductions in concerns to digital electronics. I’m a huge fan of movies. I have tons. Really, it’s quite ridiculous how many movies I still have in plastic. Last time I counted, the number was around 100+.

A man cave. I would be completely satisfied with having this room consist of the other two rooms along with some Boston Red Sox memorabilia. Perhaps, a Fever Pitch poster for good measure to encompass two aspects of my hobbies (no matter how atrocious the movie might be). I feel that having a room such as this one is crucial to my happiness as an individual; despite how lame or ridiculous that might seem to some people.

No comments:

Post a Comment