Sunday, February 27, 2011

#22 and #23 - A two for one firesale

I'm not sure what the rules of blogging allow, but these two prompts are synonymous for me. They are pretty closely tied together, so I thought perhaps I could write one blog for both prompts. Is this cheating? If so, deal with it.



First off, my favorite city would be Boston, Mass. It is also my favorite vacation. It's my favorite city, although I've only been there once, for a few reasons. One reason is that it is the home of the Boston Red Sox; one of the biggest obsessions of my life. It is the home of one of the oldest and most famous baseball parks in the nation, Fenway Park. Now, while Fenway Park is not the most comfortable of all parks, one has to love it for the atmosphere alone. It is absolutely wonderful. The park, its' surroundings, the people.




Another reason that I love Boston is that it is absolutely beautiful. I should preface this with the statement that I am not a big city kind of guy. Columbus works for me, because of its' Midwest idealism and the fact that it is not that large in respect to say New York, Boston, Chicago, etc. The great thing about Boston, aside from its ease of transportation, is that it is extremely clean and I really appreciate that. Meg and I spent days just walking around and it was wonderful getting to see the city. It has some great spots, which can packed with tourists, but it is a thrilling city.








The reason it is my favorite vacation (and one of the reasons it has now championed being my favorite city) is that, while Meg and I were there, I proposed to her. I think moments like that change your ideas and impressions about a certain place and time. I had thought Boston was great, but it holds a special place in my heart after this moment. I can't wait to go back.





Preferably, to see another game.


No comments:

Post a Comment