Wednesday, January 26, 2011

#1. You may know me, chances are you do.

Day #1 - Introduce yourself and give 15 interesting facts.

First, I would assume these fifteen facts should be about me or my life, not just fifteen random facts that I find amusing.

I always get ahead of myself. This is not one of the fifteen pieces of information I am offering as a means of insight into my fascinating skull, but instead a means of introducing myself (and explaining my previously stated musing found above).

I am a somewhat recent college graduate trying to find my way in the world. Nothing new or unique; just a statement of truth. I, like my friend from another blog, am also trying to find a teaching position in Ohio (preferably in the Columbus area) in the subject of Language Arts. I recently became engaged to a wonderful girl and we are planing to wed this coming October. I enjoy most things that are associated with the arts: music, film, literature, etc. I have great friends; some of whom have since spread throughout the unified states. My younger sister had a son about a year ago and I hear he gets to be more and more like his uncle (which is trouble). My family is amazing, but live three hours away. Just not much for me in my hometown. I have plenty more to say, but feel as though you'll be finding out the majority in the next thirty days or so....read on.

15 Interesting Facts (or so I believe)

1. I took a trip to London, England while in college. During a trip to the hard rock, I was able to talk the gentleman working in the museum vault to allow me to play a few instruments previously owned by some renowned musicians (I have pictures to prove it). Those musicians are: Jimi Hendrix, Eddie Vedder, Kurt Cobain, Eric Clapton, and Stevie Ray Vaughn.

2. Keeping with the music theme, my friend and I also write a music blog giving our criticisms on Rolling Stone's 500 greatest albums of all time. We took a brief hiatus, but should soon resume our ramblings. That link is here.

3. I am a die-hard Red Sox fan living in Ohio. No, I am not a bandwagon fan or just a person who sometimes follows the team. I'm a fanatic. Close to Jimmy Fallon's character in Fever Pitch, but less shameful.

4. I dig Natalie Portman and have since my junior high days. I own every movie she has acted in; even some pretty obscure ones. Note to the Academy: she deserves an Oscar this year.

5. I performed the eulogy at my stepfather's funeral when I was a junior in high school. That experience changed my life. Although I wish he were still with us, I believe it made me a better person.

6. I like lists: AFI movie lists, book lists, Rolling Stone's 500 greatest albums.

7. I like making mix CDs and then listening to them years later. It's great to see my mood during a time in the past.

8. I once punched a bee that was trying to sting me. Now before you start believing I'm some Mr. Miagi-type figure, I will admit that although I did attempt to punch the bee it is a miracle that I hit it. Couldn't do it again if I attempted a hundred times.

9. Women often feel loved when talking face to face with their partner; men, on the other hand, often feel emotionally close when they work, play, or talk side by side. Not about me at all, just thought it was pretty damn interesting.

10. I taught myself to cook while in college while watching the Food Network. Now, my family and friends ask me to cook for them all the time.

11. I plan to train mixed martial arts. Not that I intend to ever get into the UFC, but because I believe it would be a fun experience.

12. I coached wrestling at the school I tutored at while I was back home last year. It was one of the greatest learning experiences of my life. I worked under a great coach (he's been at it for over 25 years at the same school).

13. I hate orange juice and sea food.

14. My sister is one of my closest friends.

15. I have a fear of losing my toe or fingernails. I would rather be shot in a place that would not kill me than ever having one of those nails yanked off.

No comments:

Post a Comment